Design, Technology, Innovation and Being a Stick!

How Easy Is It To Get A Build Over Agreement

09.22.21 Posted in Uncategorized by

The other possibility is for the seller to give the buyer liability insurance in order to protect himself against the financial losses caused by the construction of the property via a public sewer. This is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether insurance is available or not depends on the circumstances of each case. What is therefore a public sewer or a sewer, in simple terms, a sewer that serves more than one piece of land, comes within the scope of a Thames Water Build Over agreement. As well as runoff, and in particular the point where the drain pipe exceeds the boundary from one piece of land to another. Sometimes problems arise when homeowners try to sell their property, partially or entirely built over a public sewer. Winter gardens and extensions are the usual culprits. If no construction contract has been concluded during the execution of the work, the water company has the legal right to enter the land to access the sewers, even if this means that the structure above the sewers will be demolished. However, the Water Company will not cause damage to the extent possible and will look for other ways to access the sewers, but the risk remains. If a Build Over agreement has been reached, the water company is not allowed to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. If no build-over contract has been concluded, the seller should have a CCTV investigation carried out on the sewers and transmit the film equipment to the water company. If the water company is satisfied that the sewage disposal channel is in good condition, it will issue a comfort letter confirming that the sewage disposal channel is in satisfactory condition.

The comfort letter usually convinces the buyer and their lender that the water company will not take any action to demolish the offensive structure above the public sewers. With the risk of ignoring or neglecting a Thames Water Build over agreement, which is a non-construction injunction or settlement, and with the cost of receiving the agreement from £299 to £1,300. We thought it would be useful to take a closer look at this topic, to ensure that it is not overlooked in your proposed design. We saw a case where the owner assumed that the contractor had taken care of the Thames Water-Build-Over agreement, while the contractor thought the owner had done so. This confusion resulted in a 4-week delay in the work, while the corresponding location studies were carried out, plans were drawn up and thames water engineers were visited on site. The control of buildings therefore requires both details of the proposal and a copy of the construction agreement presented by the sanitation authority. To find out whether or not you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above). Or ask us! First of all, the fact that the building, the expansion, or the works that involve support, thirdly, that the risk of damaging the building by a sewer failure is not excessive, given that thames Water Build-over agreements require that different information be provided to a Thames Water engineer before construction. Forgetting or ignoring a Thames Water-Build-Over agreement can lead to significant delays for a project, as construction work can only legally begin when it is in place.

. . .

Comments are closed.